The “Elite Show Car” is a category designed for entrants who have the best or “Elite” vehicles at the show.
Each vehicle is judged over 7 categories: Body Work, Paint Work, Engine & Components, Under Carriage & Driveline, Interior & Rear compartment, Impact & Display, Overall Innovation.
A total of 1000 points is allocated and the breakdown is per the following criteria:
The innovation, level of engineering, use of custom-made components, extent of modifications and degree of difficulty are all judged.
- Bodywork – including all panels, body kits, under body, glass, trim, and mouldings
- Paintwork – for all exterior, interior & under bonnet/boot painted surfaces
- Engine & Associate Components – includes installation and modification of all hardware & accessories
- Undercarriage & Driveline – including chassis, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, wheels & tyres
- Interior & Rear Compartment – including trim, audio/vision, gadgetry and fabrication/moulding
- Impact & Display – of overall vehicle
- Overall Innovation – for builders that think outside the box, and take the risks to build something new and different